Safe steroid course for men after 50 years
Many men only after 50 years begin to wonder – anabolic steroids, what is it? Should I try a steroid course after 50 years? And will there be great harm to health from anabolics after 40-50 years?
While now many young athletes begin taking anabolics from almost 18 years old, older athletes are in no hurry to use these drugs. There are many reasons for this. Firstly, over the past 40 years, many athletes have built their dream body without anabolic steroids. They did this with the help of hard and regular training, and rational nutrition. Such athletes most often adhere to the so-called natural approach to bodybuilding.
Secondly, before these drugs were not as affordable as they are now. And buying anabolic steroids was problematic. At that time, mainly, these medicines were used in official medicine to treat cachexia, oncological diseases in men and women. And only over the past decades, steroids began to be associated with sports medicine.
What processes occur in men over 50?
First, testosterone levels begin to decline. This fact is known not only for sports medicine specialists and athletes. Almost all men know about a decrease in the secretion of their testosterone with age. Indeed, many researchers attribute the decrease in this hormone to the onset of the ageing process in men. In fact, this is the equivalent of menopause in women. But few people know that total testosterone decreases after 45-50 years, and the active fraction of the hormone decreases after 35 years!
By the age of 60-70, the synthesis of testosterone falls on average by 50%. This is an urgent problem for all men, and that is why doctors are looking for ways to solve it. The reasons for the reduction in the level of natural testosterone include a decrease in the function of the pituitary-hypothalamus-testicle arc (GGH), as well as an increase in the concentration of sex hormone-binding globulin.
Features of a steroid course in men after 50 years
Such changes in the body also affect the action of anabolic steroids. Firstly, when taking a steroid course after 50 years, a significant decrease in the synthesis of testosterone occurs. This is due to the action of steroids, and physiological changes in the body. As a result, the athlete will have a slow recovery after the course and a significantly greater rollback of the results.
How to take a steroid course in 50 years?
After 40 years, experts advise you to think before you begin to continue taking steroids. This can lead to all kinds of complications and side effects. If you still decide on a course of steroids, then be sure to consult in the selection of drugs in the steroid course, take time for rehabilitation therapy and listen to the recommendations.
1. It is very important to analyze for hormones and lipid profile before and after taking a course of steroids. If even the slightest deviations from the norm occur, especially an indicator of testosterone levels, then only a specialist should decide on the continuation of taking anabolics.
2. It is necessary to constantly measure blood pressure.
3. Perform a blood test for prostate-specific antigen (PSA). The presence of a positive test result will show cancer in the prostate gland. With this diagnosis, the course of taking steroids is contraindicated.
4. Anabolic drugs are taken in low dosages.
5. The duration of taking anabolic steroids should be limited to 6-8 weeks.
If the duration of the course exceeds 6 weeks, it is extremely necessary to administer gonadotropin at 500-250ME twice a week. You should start from 3-4 weeks of the course and proceed until the start of post-cycle therapy. Gonadotropin prevents desensitization and testicular atrophy and also accelerates subsequent recovery.
The use of aromatase inhibitors is necessary if drugs such as testosterone, methandrostenolone and other aromatized steroids are used. Aromatase inhibitors inhibit the development of gynecomastia, increase muscle density (eliminate fluid accumulation), and reduce the suppression of the GGN arc. It’s better to use these drugs in low dosages. Post-course therapy (PCT) is also required.
To obtain the maximum effect in the period of post-cycle therapy, you can conduct a course of growth hormone or peptides. This will allow you to achieve additional relief and almost completely preserve muscle mass, as well as strengthen ligaments and joints, improve skin properties.
How to choose a drug for a course of steroids after 50 years?
Specialists’ opinions differ in two main directions. Some recommend building courses based on testosterone (including combined ones), while others prefer courses on the basis of milder anabolic agents.
It can be concluded that the following steroid courses will be the safest for men after 50 years:
- Primobolan depot – dosage 400 mg, once a week. The duration of such a course is up to 8 weeks. Primobolan can be considered one of the safest anabolic steroids currently available on the market. 2-3 weeks after the last injection, you should start taking post-cycle therapy.
- The second option is a course of Turinabol. For the first course, the optimal dosage is 40 mg/day for 6 weeks. Post-cycle therapy, in this case, should start 3 days after the last steroid injection.
- Bolendon is also a good choice for a steroid course after 50 years. It is taken in standard dosages, post-cycle therapy is also used after 2-3 weeks.
- Well, the final of the possible drugs will be Testosterone enanthate or cypionate. Post-cycle therapy begins in 2 weeks.
These drugs are suitable for drying if you follow an appropriate diet. The relief and density of the muscles will be provided by aromatase inhibitors. In addition, you can use Winstrol and Anavar for drying.
Proviron is a safe drug with moderate activity, it allows you to achieve relief and significantly increase sexual activity, while slightly affecting the endogenous hormonal background. Unsuitable for weight gain.