Muscle growth training program
Probably every novice athlete wants to quickly increase muscle mass. For this, athletes train intensively in the gym, often performing several hours of training per day. But the desired muscle growth never comes. What could be the problem in such a situation? In this article, we will analyze the main mechanisms of muscle growth, as well as consider examples of effective training for fast muscle growth. This article will be useful for those who want how fast they can pump up, even at home.
What are the mechanisms of muscle growth?
For experienced athletes, it is no secret that strength training itself does not cause muscle growth. But the load received during training causes fatigue. This, in turn, stimulates the physiological mechanisms that work during rest and cause the muscles to grow. Growth occurs as a result of an increase in muscle fibre thickness and fluid volume in muscle cells. In fact, each strength training is stress for the muscles, and after each training the muscles need rest.
Training causes two specific types of stress. These are mechanical and metabolic types of stress. And both of them can provide the necessary stimulus for muscle growth. The mechanical type of stress can be described as follows. During training, micro-fractures form in the muscle fibres. It is because of them that the day after intense training, the athlete experiences muscle pain. But in this way, the body provides an increase in muscle strength and volume, their hypertrophy.
Metabolic stress is the totality of all changes in the body's metabolism that occur during and after exercise. This includes increased blood flow in the muscles and increased catabolism, and the formation of lactic acid in the muscles. It should be noted that the separation of mechanical and metabolic processes is arbitrary. And it is not easy to single out the influence of each of them individually on rapid muscle growth.
Rules for quality training
1. Use basic exercises. For a novice athlete, it is especially important to be able to concentrate on the main thing. For muscle growth, a few basic multi-joint exercises are enough. And only when these exercises cease to bring the desired result, you need to move on to more complex ones.
2. Training 3 times a week. For some, this may seem insufficient, but it’s better to observe such a multiplicity to start training for weight gain. This frequency of training will increase the load over time.
3. The duration of the strength of the workout is 45-50 minutes. This should be the duration of the power part of the training, excluding warm-up. This duration is also indicated for beginner athletes so that over time you can increase the load.
4. Several repetitions with the highest possible working weight. It is important to note that the optimal number of repetitions for hypertrophy and muscle growth - 5-7 repetitions - requires the use of significant working weights.
The main principles of training for muscle growth
It is necessary to start with a warm-up to prepare muscle tissue for stress training. It is preferable to start the training with complex movements with free weights to include the maximum number of muscles (for example, squats with a barbell, it is better to do deadlift at the beginning of the training), and during the session gradually switch to simulators that affect individual muscles.
Below we describe an exemplary exercise program for rapid muscle growth.
Day 1 - training for pumping the lower body.
- Deadlift, 8-12 reps, 3-5 sets, with a break between sets of 30-60 seconds;
- Romanian deadlift, 12-20 reps, 3-5 sets, with a rest between sets 30-60 seconds;
- Bulgarian squat on one leg, 8-12 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets for 30-60 seconds;
- Extension of the tibia, performed in one approach with a gradual reduction in weight;
- Flexion of the tibia is also performed in one approach with a gradual reduction in weight;
Day 2 - exercises for pumping the upper body.
- Pulling back grip - repetition to failure, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets for 30-60 seconds;
- Thrust in a slope - 12-20 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets of 30-60 seconds;
- The thrust of the horizontal block - 8-12 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets of 30-60 seconds;
- Forearm flexion with supination - 8-12 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets 30-60 seconds;
- Simulator for the biceps - performed in one approach with a gradual reduction in weight;
Day 3 - exercises for pumping the upper body.
- Standing press - 6-10 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets for 30-60 seconds;
- Bench press at an angle - 12-20 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets for 30-60 seconds;
- Standing dumbbell press - 8-12 reps, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets for 30-60 seconds;
- Leads standing - 12-20 repetitions, in 3-5 approaches, rest between sets of 30-60 seconds;
- Push-ups - repetition to failure, in 3-5 sets, rest between sets for 30-60 seconds;
Day 4. Rest or low-intensity cardio exercises.
Nutrition for rapid muscle growth
The main reason why many people do not gain muscle mass is the lack of a balanced diet. To gain weight, you need to take more calories than you burn during the day. Excess calories serve your body to regenerate and build muscle, which was tense during training.
The right timing for meals is one of the most important aspects of training and trying to gain muscle mass. Especially if you are trying to take the minimum amount of fat. If you eat regularly every 4 hours, your body will remain in an anabolic state (a state of muscle building), because you constantly supply the necessary nutrients for their growth.
If you find it difficult to eat large portions, help yourself with fats, which, by the way, are an excellent source of calories. One gram of fat contains 9 calories compared to carbohydrates or proteins, which contain only 4 calories per gram. Thus, fats have 2 times more calories in less quantity.
The ability to increase muscle mass depends on gender, age, experience with weight training, genetics, quantity and quality of sleep, nutrition and fluid intake. Even stress levels can affect weight gain. For example, overwork or lack of sleep can significantly reduce muscle growth, despite proper training and nutrition. To know more about the best steroids to increase strength, visit our store.